In The Nouveau Butch on June 23, 2010 at 3:08 am
I had a meeting this morning–4 VP’s and me, the new kid. We talked about workflows and technical stuff and what we’re going to pitch this afternoon.
After the meeting, I went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. One of them came in behind me and said very quietly “You’re very good at that…” and gave me a cryptic look.
“At making coffee?” I asked, and then poured the milk.
“No, at meetings. You made all the right suggestions, you kept your focus on the messages we wanted to convey, and you made it all seem like their idea. You’re very good.”
I laughed and said, “I’m a lady.”
He laughed as he put the milk back in the refridgerator and said, “That you are, but rest assured, you have a gift.”
In The Nouveau Butch on June 1, 2010 at 2:12 am
Okay so maybe every date does not include bacon…but maybe it should. My girlfriend and I had a delightful date of bacon last night and it went a little something like this:
Step one: I stopped by the Whole Foods on the way home from work & bought 1 lb of thick-cut country bacon. YUM!
Step two: I brought home the bacon and fried it up in the pan — Peggy Lee styles.
Step three: Prepare the different flavors of bacon:
- Vanilla ~ chopped bacon in vanilla ice cream (the low-carb variety works just as well)
- Chocolate ~ dip your strips in dark chocolate, let them cool and dry. TO DIE FOR
- Orange glaze ~ one part orange juice, one part sugar, cook & reduce, cover the strips–De-lish
- PEANUT ~ cook one piece extra crispy & dip it in peanut butter, tres decadent
- Maple ~ dip one in maple syrup for old times’ sake. Your senses will thank you.
- Old Fashioned ~ leave one plain, salty, supple, and warm. Enjoy.
Blind-fold your lady and ask her to describe each delicacy. Ask her to use emotional, visceral descriptors. Let the evening take you where it may 😉
Happy Eating, Butches.