In The Nouveau Butch on January 7, 2013 at 8:48 pm
Whether you find yourself in a particularly New York state of mind, or you just really happen to love whiskey, I cannot recommend this cocktail enough. Sweet, smokey, deep and rich, a Maker’s Manhattan on the rocks always sounds cool when you order it, looks great in your hand and tastes like a stolen kiss.
If you’re interested in making them great, here are the ingredients the NB suggests:
Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whiskey
Add 2 Oz of this to a small rocks glass filled with, well, rocks.
Martini & Rossi – Rosso (Sweet Vermouth)- add 1 oz of this to that same glass.
Luxardo Maraschino Cherries. Take 3 of these out of the jar with a spoon. Stir them into the drink along with whatever goo sticks to the spoon.
Relax and enjoy. This, like life, is truly delicious.
In The Nouveau Butch on February 4, 2009 at 1:59 pm
The best parts of this segment:
1.She brought her own muddler.
2. She brought her own cocktail shaker.
3. She admitted to being a geek.
4. Martha called her James Bond.
5. She made a cocktail appropriate for George Washington’s birthday.
6. Her cocktail book is from the 1953 (ehem, Rock Hudson).
7. She recommends maraschino cherries without “chemical goop” but earlier in the show admitted to eating mostly from street-carts.
8. She has a favorite brand of sloe gin.
8. Two words: Cheap Luxury.
9. The detail on the cuffs & collar of that shirt.
10. She made Martha laugh. This is a true charmer.